This post contains affiliate links. See disclosure.
It's day 14 of neatntiny.com's 30-Day Spring Tidying Challenge! That's right, we've been decluttering our homes, every day, for two weeks in a row! Are you still with me???
If you're just joining us, check out the link above explaining how it works and the links below for what we've covered so far.
Don't feel like decluttering the whole house? No problem! Just pick and choose:
Day 1: Kitchen Counters
Day 2: Under the Sink
Day 3: Dining Area
Day 4: Cutlery & Utensils Drawers
Day 5: Tupperware Drawer
Day 6: Remainder of Kitchen Drawers, Cabinets & Pantry
Day 7: Fridge & Freezer
Day 8: Front Entryway
Day 9: Mudroom/Back Entry
Day 10: Catch Up
Day 11: Powder Room
Day 12: Living Room
Day 13: Walk-In Closet
Today we're organizing the master bedroom!
If you haven't already, please subscribe for a free, printable 30-Day Spring Tidying Challenge schedule!
Below are my suggestions for how to declutter the bedroom:
1. Clear out the room. Clear everything off the floor and out of your cabinets and bedside tables.
2. Clean. Sweep or vacuum the floor. Wipe down flat surfaces.
3. Decide what to keep in the bedroom.
Bedroom Decluttering Tips
- A tidy, clutter-free room is more conducive to unwinding. Consider what might be superfluous and get it out of there.
- Things that have no place in the bedroom: anything that reminds you of work (desk, computer station, papers), kids stuff (that's what their room is for!).
You may remember I shared a bit of our bedroom with you in my half-painted wall DIY faux headboard post. Confession: we're still not done with this room! So, this is all you get to see for now...
For some tidy bedroom inspo, check out this post on minimalist bedroom ideas:
4. Divide everything into four groups/bins:
i) belongs in the bedroom
ii) belongs elsewhere in the house
iii) fit to donate/sell used
5. Return the items you've decided to keep in your bedroom. Organize.
Shop Bedside Organization
Bedside Caddy ($18.99, Amazon.com). If you're like us and don't have enough room for a bedside table between the bed and the wall, this is the perfect solution!
Set of 2 Bamboo Stackable Bedside Tables ($52.99, Amazon.com).
6. Redistribute the items that belong elsewhere in the home.
7. Donate. Take the boxes designated as 'to sell/donate' and put them somewhere out of sight, but accessible (i.e. mudroom or basement). You'll continue to add to these each day for the rest of the month, with the casualties of each day's tidying task. At the end of the month, you can make a trip (or several) to your local donation bank and/or go on an online selling spree.
8. Dispose of and/or recycle items from the designated garbage/recycling bins.
That's your task for day 14! Join us tomorrow for day 15, when we'll work on the laundry room!
You May Also Enjoy